The Scroll
Thursday, August 03, 2006
  Designing Data Tier Components and Passing Data through Tiers
MS Press: Collaborators: Luca Bolognese, Mike Pizzo, Keith Short, Martin Petersen-Frey (PSS), Pablo De Grande, Bernard Chen (Sapient), Dimitris Georgakopoulos (Sapient),
Kenny Jones, Chris Brooks, Lance Hendrix, Chris Schoon, and Franco Ceruti (VBNext).

This is one of the great books that caused me to make a routine of visiting the Microsoft patterns and practices website .A straight 70 pages, appendix, introduction and all inclusive. I had to put a copy on the community site too.
Before reading the book, I design data tier somewhat close to the ideas in the book, but I had a lot of questions in my mind regarding certain decisions. why can't I just pass a dataset here instead of an Arraylist? How about XSD schemas or just plain XML for business entities, it seems to make sense here. Ok, what about the CRUD methods, should I add them to my business entities or keep this strictly to my data access logic? What if I have a custom ORM?
The book mentions the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.

Buchao! MS Press.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Blogs about the books I'm reading or have read.

ARCHIVES
May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / December 2007 / May 2008 / May 2010 /


Powered by Blogger